In 2020-21 we should receive £16,580 from the government to continue to promote physical education.
This money will enable us to:
- Fund specialist PE trained staff to regularly work with the children
- Fund sessions with sporting specialists, including an 'active lunchtimes' session
- Participate in a range of competitive activities within the cluster and across the county
- To ensure wider access to swimming for all pupils by increasing the amount of qualified adults available to teach swimming
- Continue to supply an ActivALL outdoor activity wall for all pupils to access
- Purchase additional sporting equipment for whole school use
- Widen the sporting opportunities of our children by funding a day visit by each class to an external provider, e.g. climbing, sailing.
- Install a larger outdoor area to increase outdoor physical learning for Key Stage 1 and improve mental wellbeing as they are able to access outdoor learning
Through our continued expansion of the sporting opportunities for our children, facilitated by the Sports Premium funding, we now have solid training squads for both football and netball and they are achieving a greater level of success within the cluster. Our children also continue to compete in varied sports tournaments. We have witnessed the emergence of a real enthusiasm for sport across the school, the success of our teams and the increased participation of our children in a multitude of sporting events.