Welcome to Fry Class
Fry Class consists of the Reception children in the school. The Reception class is taught by Mrs Greenacre, supported by Miss Cavanagh. The curriculum is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is made up of 7 areas of learning:
- PSED: Personal, Social and Emotional Development. This area develops social skills, attitude to learning, self–confidence, self-awareness and supports them in managing feelings and behavior. This is also delivered through our PATHS curriculum from Reception onwards.
- C & L: Communication and Language. This area develops skills such as listening and attention, understanding and communicating with others.
- PD: Physical Development. This areas teaches children about their bodies, how to be healthy and develop skills such as control, movement, strength and using equipment safely.
- L: This area develops skills in reading and writing, through the teaching of phonics and supporting children to apply these skills in all areas of their learning.
- M: This area develops skills such as counting, addition, subtraction, problem solving, understanding shape and measuring.
- UW: Understanding the World. This area develops a child’s understanding of the environment and their community, the world and technology around them.
- E, A & D: Expressive Arts and Design. This area develops their imagination and the skills of singing, drama, making, painting and using different resources.
Cross-curricular links are made through carefully planned topics. Learning is achieved through practical and enquiry based activities, as well as whole and small group teaching sessions.
OUR ANIMAL HOSPITAL AT MELSOP FARM PARK OUR VISIT TO MELSOP FARM PARK